Who might be suited to live-in care?
Live-in care might suit you if you need help with:
- personal care, such as washing and dressing
- taking medication
- support to manage the risk of falls and other risks at home
- caring for a pet
- trips out, such as to the doctor or hairdresser
- continuing to enjoy lifelong hobbies.
Advantages of live-in care
- Dedicated care: one of the best reasons people choose live-in care over a care home is due to the fact that you get the care you need in the comfort of your own home
- Companionship: some elderly people can feel lonely having hourly care or having to move into a care home. With live-in care you can expect a hand-picked Eidyn carer who will be with you 24/7 making sure you can still enjoy yourself
- Independence: Living in your own home means that your family and friends still have the opportunity to come visit you.
- Pricing: Live-in care is around the same price range of a care home, which means you get around the clock care in your own home
- Couples: If you’re a couple you get the opportunity to stay together thanks to having a carer living in your home.